In recent times, CBD (Cannabidiol) has been increasingly used as a natural remedy for insomnia, pain and anxiety. However, do you know that your skin can also benefit from the use of Cannabidiol gummies? To find out how CBD can be used to enhance the appearance and health of your skin, continue reading below.
How a CBD Skincare Routine Could Benefit You
To provide skincare benefits, CBD cremes normally work by interacting with the body’s ECS (endocannabinoid system). A variety of important physiological functions, such as immunity, inflammation and pain, are regulated by the ECS. To balance the immune system and reduce inflammation, CBD binds to the ECS receptors after it is ingested.
The ability of CBD to reduce inflammation is one of the main reasons of using them for skin care. Chronic inflammation can lead to a variety of skin issues including acne, redness and irritation – even though inflammation is considered to be a natural response to infection or injury. Cannabidiol is an effective treatment for psoriasis, eczema and acne, as it has been observed to reduce skin inflammation – CBD skin care can be excellent because of this.
Other Natural Remedies to Reduce Skin Inflammation
You can soothe irritated skin and decrease inflammation using a number of natural remedies. Reduce skin inflammation with the 10 natural remedies outlined below:
1. Aloe Vera – You can sooth irritated skin using Aloe Vera’s cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. Leave the skin to absorb the Aloe Vera after applying it over the affected area.
2. Turmeric – The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are linked to a compound within it referred to as curcumin. Make a paste by mixing yoghurt or honey with turmeric powder and apply it over the problematic patch of skin.
3. Tee Tree Oil – Among other essential oils, Tee tree is a great option when it comes to fighting off bacteria and decreasing inflammation, tea tree oil has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Use carrier oil to dilute some tea tree oil before applying it over the affected patch of skin.
4. Oatmeal – Another great solution for decreasing skin inflammation, oatmeal has great soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Before applying it over the affected area, start by making a paste by mixing the oatmeal with water.
5. Coconut Oil – In addition to reducing skin inflammation, coconut oil also has the ability to keep your skin hydrated, thanks to its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties and the essential fatty acids. To get the relief you seek, just apply a small amount of coconut oil over the affect patch of dry skin to reduce inflammatory skin conditions.
6. Cucumber – Considered a good option for soothing skin irritation and countering inflammation, cucumber has anti-inflammatory and cooling properties. Before placing them over the affected patch of skin, cut the cucumber into thin slices.
7. Ginger – The anti-inflammatory properties associated with ginger are linked to compounds referred to as shogaols and gingerols. Make a paste by mixing olive oil or honey with freshly grated ginger and apply it over the affected patch of dry skin. Ginger has been said to help human health in different ways for millennia.
8. Chamomile – Another great alternative when it comes to soothing skin irritation and countering inflammation, chamomile has awesome calming and anti-inflammatory properties. Use a ball of cotton to apply freshly brewed chamomile tea to the affected patch of skin. It works on all skin types
9. Apple Cider Vinegar – You can also kill bacteria and reduce inflammation in the skin by using apple cider vinegar, which has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Before applying it over the affect area, create a mixture made of equal parts water and apple cider vinegar.
10. Honey – Another great alternative when it comes to fighting bacteria and countering inflammation, honey has great anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. To get the relief you are after, simply apply a small amount of honey over the affected patch of dehydrated skin and leave it in place for several minutes and rinse off.
CBD is Full of Antioxidants
To safeguard the skin from stressors in the environment and free radicals, CBD or hemp seed oil also have a rich composition of antioxidants and fatty acids. Premature aging and cell damage are among the main effects of the unstable molecules referred to as free radicals. With topical oil from the cannabis plant you can reduce skin conditions, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles with the help of antioxidants, which assist with neutralizing free radicals.
Some of the main advantages of antioxidants include:
• Countering Oxidative Stress – Oxidative stress, which is associated with chronic conditions and cell damage, can be countered with the help of antioxidants which neutralize free radicals.
• Strengthening the Immune System- By safeguarding immune cells from damage and neutralizing harmful molecules, antioxidants help strengthen the immune system.
• Decreased Inflammation – By countering free radicals, which are associated with inflammation, antioxidants can assist with the reduction of inflammation.
• Enhanced Skin Health – The damaging effects of various toxins including UV rays and pollution can be prevented thanks to the protective properties of antioxidants.
• Strengthening the Health of your Eyes – You can decrease the risk of age related eye conditions and prevent eye damage with the help of zeaxanthin and lutein, two prominent antioxidants.
• Enhanced Heart Health – To improve heart health, antioxidants can assist with enhancing blood flow, reducing inflammation and lowering blood pressure.
• Decreasing Cancer Risk – You can reduce the risk of cancer and safeguard against DNA damage with the help of antioxidants.
• Improved Cognitive Function – You can boost cognitive function with the help of antioxidants, which are capable of preventing brain cell damage.
• Boosting the Health of the Liver – The damaging effects of harmful substances and toxins on the liver can be mitigated by antioxidants.
• Chronic Disease Risk Reduction – Antioxidants safeguard against cellular damage; thus, reducing the risk of chronic conditions, like Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and diabetes among others.
Read this article on what CBD balm is
Here is an article on how to use CBD creams.
Benefit the Sleep Cycle and Thus Skincare
CBD also help you enjoy a healthy sleep cycle – another huge advantage when it comes to boosting skin health. Our bodies are able to regenerate and repair themselves during sleep – making it quite important. To promote a more vibrant and healthier complexion, CBD has been seen to aid in countering insomnia and boosting sleep quality.
Get Better Sleep With These Tips
• Maintain a Consistent Sleep Timetable – Each day, weekends included, try your best to go to sleep and wake up at the same time.
• Make your Bedroom As calming as Possible – A quiet, dark and cool sleeping environment is essential. For added relaxation, add comfy pillows and bedding to the mix as well.
• Stay Away from Stimulus before Going to Bed – Any stimulating activities, including physically or mentally stimulating activities, watching TV or using electronic devices, should be avoided as bedtime approaches.
• Reduce Consumption of Alcohol and Caffeine – As bed time approaches, be sure to keep off alcohol and caffeine.
• Prepare for Bed using Relaxation Techniques – Get your body ready for sleep by practicing yoga, meditation and deep breathing and other relaxation techniques that can calm your mind.
Invest in Quality Products for CBD Skin Care
It is essential to look for high quality products that do not contain any harmful additives when using CBD oil for skin care. Hemp products that have been tested for potency and purity by third parties are exactly what you should be looking for.
Make sure that you only buy high quality CBD with these tips:
• Testing at a 3rd Party Lab – A COA (Certificate of Analysis), which is proof of testing at a third party lab, should accompany any CBD products considered to be of acceptable quality. The contents, potency and purity of products is verified by this certification.
• Ascertain the Hemp Source – Organic hemp sourced from Canada, Europe or the United States should be used in making top quality CBD products.
• Check for Synthetic Additives – Artificial additives such as colors or flavors should not be used in making top quality CBD products. To make sure that you don’t use products with unnecessary additives, be sure to check the ingredient list.
• Extraction Method Used – The quality of the product can be significantly affected by the extraction method use to obtain CBD from hemp plants. The most effective and safest extraction methods include ethanol and CO2 extraction. Look for products that were extracted using these methods.
• Reputation of the Brand – You should only focus on brands that are known for producing and marketing top quality Cannabidiol products. To get an idea of a brand’s reputation, look for customer reviews.
All in all, you can effectively enhance the appearance and health of your skin using CBD. CBD can give you a youthful and vibrant complexion by promoting healthy sleep, countering free radicals and fighting inflammation. But, before adding new supplements to your skin care routine, it is recommended that you talk to your physician and more importantly, only use top quality products.