The increase in the popularity of CBD as a dietary supplement that is used by a whole lot of people has made many culinary enthusiasts continue to experiment with how they can use it for different kinds of cuisines.
We have several Irish dishes that are known for their hearty flavours and comfort-food qualities, which makes them the best choice to try infusing CBD.
Let’s look at some of the ways you can add CBD into traditional Irish recipes and still get delicious cuisine:
Irish Champ with CBD Butter:
- Recipe: The first thing to do here is to start with the classic champ recipe which is a mashed potato dish and very rich with scallions. After you have your mashed potatoes and scallions mixed and ready, add a good portion of CBD-infused and stir. This will give the side dish a calming effect.
- Tip: Make sure you mix the CBD butter thoroughly so it can be distributed evenly.
CBD-infused Irish Apple Cake:
- Recipe: To make an Irish Apple cask that is infused with CBD, you should follow the old-fashioned Irish apple cake recipe that is used in farmhouses across Ireland, then add the CBD oil to the cake batter and mix properly. When it is baked the CBD-infused cake will give you a unique twist.
- Tip: Make sure the temperature you’re using to bake is not above the boiling point of CBD because this will make sure that the beneficial properties are still intact.
Coddle or Irish Stew with CBD:
- Recipe: You should follow the traditional recipe for coddle or Irish stew, then drizzle it with CBD oil before serving. What this will do is, ensure the CBD properties are not contaminated since there’s no direct exposure to heat.
- Tip: If you want a more blended taste, you should consider using a CBD-infused broth or stock as the base for your stew.
CBD Irish Soda Bread:
- Recipe: You can also add CBD pup to your soda bead by putting it into the dough before you bake. What you’ll get is a perfectly rich taste of bread that aligns with the CBD oil.
- Tip: If you don’t want the flavour of CBD oil to overpower the natural taste of the bread, you can a mild-flavoured CBD oil
Traditional Irish Desserts with a CBD touch:
- Recipe: You can also add CBD oil to traditional Irish desserts like puddings, scones, or tarts by adding creams or glazes that are CBD-infused.
- Tip: You should start with a small amount of CBD oil, then you can choose to increase it with time, according to your taste and preference.
Note: When you are adding CBD to your recipe, be careful with the dosage, so you don’t put more than what you can handle because everyone’s tolerance and preferences might vary. Also, ensure you check that the CBD oil or product you’re using is from an authentic source and has great quality.
Dr. Jason O’Donnell works at Holy Cross General Hospital. He is a General Practitioner with extensive experience in cardiology, geriatrics, adult medicine, and internal medicine. Dr. O’Donnell studied at the UCL Medical School and holds a Doctor of Medicine in London in the UK. He also completed an internal medicine internship at London Imperial College. From here he went on to complete a residency in internal medicine at St. George’s London University. He is currently practicing adult medicine, cardiology, geriatrics, and internal medicine at Holy Cross General Hospital. Before he performs any operation, he first assesses the patient’s medical goals and concerns. After the surgery, he monitors the recovery of the patient and makes adjustments to the treatment program, when necessary. Dr. O’Donnell is also a proud member of Health for Humanity where he volunteers his skills in medicine for people in need across the globe.