CBD (Cannabidiol) in recent times has gained very significant attention for its ability and potential health and the wellness benefits, such as anxiety relief and improved sleep.
As more and more people seek to experience these benefits, a myriad of CBD products, including gummies, have become available in the market. If you are considering trying CBD gummies for the first time in your life, this guide will provide you with a comprehensive overview of what you need to know about CBD products.
You have to know and determine how much CBD to consume, and that can be very complex, especially for newcomers. Unlike many other substances, there are not yet evidence-based dosing guidelines for CBD due to its relatively recent emergence in the market here is what you have to consider when deciding on your dosage:
- Start Low: It is very essential, to begin with a low dose and gradually increase it. This is particularly very important for CBD newbies. Pay attention to your body’s reactions and adjust accordingly.
- Your Body’s Factors: Your body’s weight and individual body chemistry play a very crucial role in how you will tolerate CBD.
- Purpose: Your reasons for using CBD (e.g., pain relief, anxiety reduction) will always influence the amount you should take. The dose needed for arthritis pain might differ from that which is needed for sleep or relaxation.
- Interactions with Medications: It is very crucial to consult with a healthcare professional, especially if you are on other medications. Some drugs may interact with CBD, such as blood thinners, immune suppressants, and antidepressants.
Different Forms of CBD
CBD usually is available in various forms, and the way you consume it can influence the amount you should take:
- Oils and Tinctures: Typically absorbed sublingually, meaning they are placed under the tongue for quick absorption.
- Pills and Capsules: Might take very longer to kick in compared to other forms.
- Edibles: Gummies fall under this category. They pass through the digestive system, which can affect the absorption rate and how quickly you will feel the effects.
- Creams and Lotions: Topical applications that might be suitable for localized pain or inflammation.
- Vaping: While it can be a quick method for CBD intake, it is very important to note that the long-term health effects of vaping are not fully known.
Types of CBD Products
There are different types or variations in the types of CBD products available:
- Full Spectrum CBD: This contains all the cannabinoids, including CBD and THC, that hemp naturally produces.
- Broad Spectrum CBD: It usually contains multiple cannabinoids but has THC removed. Broad-spectrum CBD is a very common form used in gummies.
- CBD Isolate: This is the purest form of CBD, usually about 99.9% pure.
What To Expect
When you consume CBD, you may feel a very calming effect, both mentally and physically. It can help settle your thoughts and relax your body. The exact experience might be different or vary based on the specific product and other ingredients it might contain.
Also Read – How To Make CBD Oil Taste Better
Tips For First-Time Users:
- Be Patient: Give CBD some time to work before deciding to take more. It is very easy to take too much too soon, which could lead to unwanted side effects like diarrhea, fatigue, or appetite changes.
- Document Your Experience: Keep notes and records regarding the amount you took when you started feeling the effects, the strength of the effects, and their duration. This can help you optimize and determine your future doses.
- Ensure Product Quality: Purchase from very reputable sources and ensure the product has been third-party tested.
- Consult with Professionals: Always consult with healthcare professionals before starting CBD, especially if you are on other medications or have existing health concerns which might result in other effects.
Remember, CBD experiences can be highly individual, so what works for one person might not work for another. That’s it!
Being patient, starting with a low dose, and paying attention to your body’s reactions will set you on the right part to deriving maximum satisfaction from the product.
Dr. Jason O’Donnell works at Holy Cross General Hospital. He is a General Practitioner with extensive experience in cardiology, geriatrics, adult medicine, and internal medicine. Dr. O’Donnell studied at the UCL Medical School and holds a Doctor of Medicine in London in the UK. He also completed an internal medicine internship at London Imperial College. From here he went on to complete a residency in internal medicine at St. George’s London University. He is currently practicing adult medicine, cardiology, geriatrics, and internal medicine at Holy Cross General Hospital. Before he performs any operation, he first assesses the patient’s medical goals and concerns. After the surgery, he monitors the recovery of the patient and makes adjustments to the treatment program, when necessary. Dr. O’Donnell is also a proud member of Health for Humanity where he volunteers his skills in medicine for people in need across the globe.